View Single Post
Old 2004-04-23, 11:58   Link #60
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by anime_luver
may i ask a question to those who have finished middle school (grade 8 in particular, im in grade 8); what were your average grades? cuz im only getting like a 91% average and was wondering if that was normal, i feel that its low (in the us, thats only an A right?). yes im a nerd, hey i blame being in a gifted class . nerds can play sports too btw, my gym teacher recommended that i join the girl's basketball and soccer teams. im not gonna join though, because the other people eho will probably join tick me off.

and you can still have fun while focusing on your studies. sometimes self-studying also works better than government standard teachers, some teachers here in toronto are really stupid.
I moved from Toronto before grade six, so I can't really say if that's good or not (that and it's been about 12 years since then >.> Is it me or do kids seem smarter these days?). Where I ended up graduating/passing middle school was pitiful, the class average was only about a 62% for eighteen people and that was due to mine and two other people's marks pulling it up. My middle school passed four people with marks over 75% from the grade nine class that year.

There were no course options, everybody had to take the same things - Math, English Literature, Science, Social Studies, French, Physical Education, WoodShop and Home Economics. The only thing that was optional was participation in the yearly track and field meets. There were no sports teams, clubs or anything of the sort. If you were considered advanced, you read ahead but didn't get any special treatment, courses or assignments. You all took the courses together, home economics was interesting to say the least... I learned to sew and cook, only one of which I still do. One of the only times when your class was split up was when sex education had to be taught, the girls and the guys got their respective 'talks' seperate of each other. Most schools don't do that anymore though.

Yeah... I passed with a 98.5% average so I can't complain.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote