View Single Post
Old 2012-04-17, 16:36   Link #111
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
My problem with plan B is that it didn't require all this effort. If the goal was to get people onto the Earth how hard would it be really to sneak people onto ships heading to Earth? We've already seen how sad the security is on the colonies, shouldn't be that hard to get Vagans onto the Earth without needing a full scale battle. I'd say Ezelcant's plan failed and with sneaking the pods onto Earth they only managed to avoid it being a complete disaster. But with a mysterious leader like Ezelcant anything that happens no matter how random can be considered part of the plan.
I don't know - from the dialogue, it seems very rare for colonists to even see Earth. That got me thinking - what if there was actually very little traffic between space and the motherland?

What bothers me is that I don't see how a few thousands people are going to be able to do. Even as sleeper cells, it'd take some help on the ground to slip them into good covers. And if they were able to get people on the ground before, then yeah - what would they need that big, costly battle for?

Quote:
I hadn't thought about it, but yeah the Vagans really can't have ships dropping onto the Earth or anything. Can't use it as their Eden if it's destroyed.
They could. They'd just have to be patient. (Frankly, I think that'd be my plan. Take control of the orbitals, and bomb Earth into the stone age. Or at least threaten to.)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote