View Single Post
Old 2013-01-26, 17:11   Link #3285
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Well, she said that she began to feel... whatever she's feeling (probably lust ) when she saw Kirito using his black swordsman character IIRC. So you could say she "felt in love" due to his cool factor.

But really, the reason is so shallow that you may as well say she likes him just because he's the protagonist, which is the real reason in the end.
... I'm really starting to wonder if I should go and re-make the WEB 7 Summary parts, include more emotional parts instead of just focusing on the plot. It's NOT just the cool factor, there was also the tons of flags that Kirito raised after they both got blown out of the Cathedral and started the climb outside to the top. Off the top of my head these flags includes:

-Kirito accepting Alice Synthesis Fifty for being who she is, as a whole person and not just a personality created by Administrator filling the gap of where the old Alice was.
-Kirito having a strong sense of justice, trying to correct wrongs allowed by the current church laws that cared more about the strict wording than the benevolence towards others.
-Kirito being a strong swordsman;
-Kirito being his usual flamboyant self (like him 'flirting' with Sinon in GGO);

I'll admit the 'cool factor' plays a part, but you do Alice as a character a great disservice for thinking that she'd be taken in with just that.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote