View Single Post
Old 2006-06-02, 20:27   Link #19
flamingtroll

I would call her as more of a plot device character than a plot hole, particilarly when compared to the other gianormous ones in other parts of the stores. She is pretty much a princess like figure although it needs better explaining how she, and thus the CLYNE faction, gain so much support to begin with considering it seems like quite a lot of PLANT people are at the least empathic to the war effort to begin with. She could have been more belivable will better background explanation. She doesn't need any politican skill to be popular. Heck, I am not even sure if PLANTS are even democratic. They seem to be more of a aristocratic society. All of her ideals are pretty naive to begin with. Her speeches are no more convincing than whatever teenagers says today. It is really her status that gives her any power and recognition.

I think the key is rather how the whole politics of CE is set up that made little. sense. In the real world, people like Lacus (and also Joan of Arc), are merely public figure. They are promoted, used and "supported" by people in the background with their own agenda and rarely do things end well like in SEED.

Quote:
Also, I recommend before you start preaching about perfection that you play Final Fantasy X and then Final Fantasy X 2 and compare Lacus and Yuna...they are almost identical in that the first go-around, amid chaos, pain and strife....
Does it is called final FANTASY, although never "final"
flamingtroll is offline   Reply With Quote