View Single Post
Old 2012-11-22, 17:29   Link #8
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The case is moving slower than I expected. The investigation doesn't seem to have made any progress in this episode. If it did, then everything happened off-screen. It's slightly frustrating, as it feels like they were just rolling their thumbs the entire time, leaving the girl free to carry out more gruesome murders.

The second half of the ep focused exclusively on the killer(s), which was very interesting. Seems like our initial impression of Makishima being an anarchist was right. He appears to be highly critical of the current society. Eustress deficiency, decrease of the average lifespan... the society under the Sibyl system is indeed far from perfect. I find it quite foreboding that these informations are hidden from the public. And this is probably only the tip of the iceberg.

Kogami actually already has a lead on Makishima thanks to the late Sasayama. It's still not enough apparently, as he hasn't been able to find out anything about him these past three years. Not too surprising, Makishima most likely removed himself from the system in order to accomplish his somber deeds. I'm curious to learn what Kogami's plan to get Gino to put him back on the case is.