View Single Post
Old 2014-03-24, 02:40   Link #2700
tntsgoboom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
I have. I was actually mostly confused by the posts in this last page, went back to check what's up and...yeah, it's you, brah.

But let me put on my serious cap for a second.

See, what you're doing is complaining about a manga that you didn't read. Now, that in itself isn't particularly special, though generally speaking people tend to accompany that with some excusable mitigating factors. Your mistakes are:

1) Admitting that you've never read Nisekoi.

2) Complaining about Nisekoi in a thread about the work, where the fans who actually have read the thing, we assume, congregate.

3) Tried to deflect when people challenged your opinion by saying that you are entitled to your opinion. Yes, you are entitled to your opinion, more or less. However, you are not entitled to have it go unchallenged. Among the greatest "I lost this internet argument" flags you could draw.

4) [For pros only] Not embellishing your complaint; for example, by contextualizing it in terms of general dislike of the genre, or even issues with the greater cultural landscape. This is the path of professional cultural critics. That new Nymphomaniac movie every critic seem to suddenly adore? I have an opinion on it, a strong, convincing negative opinion, and I can express it very eloquently with condemnations of indulgence, dishonesty, and the failure of the postmodern artist. I never watched it, of course.

It isn't a mistake to have an opinion on things you don't really have a "right" to have an opinion on. The human brain is the greatest shortcut machine ever, and so people do that all the time for good or ill ("prejudice"). I do that all the time myself; I know when I'll hate a work of entertainment and never to touch it, ever. I know because I formed impressions from people's opinions -- a not always straightforward "review" process, either; positive reactions can be interpreted negatively -- from first impressions, from past experience, and so on. What I don't do is go around poking people saying I think their kink is LOLfail without, at least, the bravado of pretending I am completely justified to feel so.

Given the obvious annoyance your position will provoke, I naturally assumed you were fishing for negative reactions, even if unconsciously or unintentionally. If you were actually looking for assent and praise to affirm your opinion, this is the wrong place to do so.

/serious cap off
I am going to actually take the time to reply to this

First let me take out the back of my right hand

See what your doing is trying to chime in on some posts that you had nothing to do with. "Now, that in itself isn't particularly special, though generally speaking people tend to accompany that with some excusable mitigating factors." >.> See what I did there. Also did you know that an opinion if we want to be technical does not necessarily have to be based on fact or knowledge.

First read the above post. Now let's make a list of your mistakes shall we. Since you come off as a douche =)

1. Picking and choosing pieces of this thread instead of fulling reading everything(that's how you come across).

2. Misinterpreting what I originally said. Let me elaborate. Saying this is crazy. Here I am not complaining, nor am I bashing the manga. It was simply the impression I got from the comments. It had nothing to do with anyone here nor directly the manga.

3. Saying I was deflecting. I have no idea where you got that from. Honestly now I think your an idiot. I went out of my way to answer the questions that were posed to me(ex. Why bother reading it then?) I also took the time to explain myself in all area's. Thirdly don't forget that I was the one that was attacked not the other way around. It all started with this comment, directed towards me," You seem to be quick to form an opinion based on what a few people write. Nicely done good sir, you're the epitome of the internet masses." Also I said I was entitled to my opinion, yes. Someone questioned my opinion and after I explained myself, I finished with saying that I am entitled to that. Again you pick and choose. Sad.

4. I openly stated "you seem to enjoy this series which is great", I am not bashing anyone for liking the series -__-. Again I think your an idiot. (See here I'm actually bashing you since I've had enough of ya XD

5. You seem to have missed the part where I said I am currently reading the whole series. "Hey, let's just pick and choose not address the issue as a whole." Is that how you deal with all things you confront? Pick and choose?

6. [For pros only] Man this list keeps going??? Quoting this piece, "Given the obvious annoyance your position will provoke". How in the world does anyone find a statement such as, "this shit is crazy LOL" to be an annoyance. I am not bashing the manga. It was the IDEA that two years have gone by and nothing much has happened that was crazy to me. I'm not saying the manga is bad people. Jesus.

7. I'm going to be informal here Get your SHIT together. Because honestly, you come across as though your pants are on too tight. Oh nah, he did not say that to this jimmy.

Do everyone here a favor and don't reply to this. I simply came here to ask a question received an answer, couldn't believe the answer and said it on a post. This whole thing can be equated to this, your speaking to a friend. He tell's you something you can't believe and you say, "YOUR SHITTING ME". Your not bashing your friend there, your not bashing what he said. You just COULDN'T BELIEVE WHAT YOU HEARD.

As a side note, I laughed so hard when you wrote "I lost this internet argument flags you could draw." You realize what people (and yourself) are arguing with me over is my opinion (however small the opinion was, it was barely one to begin with, Frankly it was more of a comment). No one can win this type of argument. You cannot win an argument with me over the opinion/comment that I solely had. I never asked your opinion on the manga.

** You seem to have this idea that I have some strong view point. That I think this manga is bad or that I'm right and your all wrong. Not at all I just couldn't believe what I heard and I had a comment following my disbelief of the answer I received.

Does that clear things up for you Mr. Pick and Choose? Oh, wait I forgot I said not to reply to this.

/Hand put back down

Last edited by tntsgoboom; 2014-03-24 at 03:27.
tntsgoboom is offline   Reply With Quote