View Single Post
Old 2009-09-16, 17:28   Link #5
DreXav
Amused one.

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by BashZeStampeedo View Post
Yeah, over the next 2 episodes I wouldn't be surprised if we see another Horo-is-crying, Lawrence is badly injured moment.
Horo's tears are what spices up every arc ;]

While I am certain Abe will end up betraying Lawrence and sailing away, I do not believe we will see any of it in this episode. I've got a hunch ep 11 will shock us with H-L relationship twist instead - a lover's quarrel comming up, without a doubt. The tension on Horo's side has been building up ever since the beginning of this arc, about time it discharges - Horo's being afraid of things dying down and poor Lawrence being too considerate, he will of course end up wounded more.
See my post in Ep10 discussion thread, page 2, for more elaborated justification of that prediction. ;]

Apart from that, a handful of loose ideas:
...the landowner's offer of giving the inn to Lawrence is but a trick, smoke for Abe's scheme. A good thing, as L. won't need to make the hard choice whether to abandon his newly-acquired asset to travel on with Horo.

...Abe might be primarily a sea/river merchant, perhaps an owner of a boat? Anyway, I do not believe her main focus were statues but fur-industry related goods.

...as result of opportunists hoarding all the quality fur and leaving half the city hanging dry, riot will break out with Renose being set ablaze. Perhaps it will give cover for Lawrence to rescue pawned Horo once he realizes he's been tricked.

Anyone care to make bets how much Horo will fetch as a luxury commodity? ;]
With let's say, acceptable deviation of 200 silver coins (let's assume they are refering to Trenni ones).

I will start off with.. 2700 silver coins.

Cheers,
~D~