View Single Post
Old 2010-07-19, 16:23   Link #62
Mentar
Banned

(I always considered the EVA ending extremely pretentious, so I'm not too familiar with it anymore... therefore I'll have to skip over the Asuka comparison)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
I do disagree that you call Cat Ayatsuji a fake - I think it is not a fake but actually part of her true self, just that this part still has something to hide behind her teasing because she cannot express it normally, Like Horo from Spice and Wolf or the aforementioned Asuka. Or in fact all the tsundere's that use teasing approach like Sheryl.
Cat Ayatsuji is exuding a very high degree of confidence, but she doesn't really feel so self-assured. It's not genuine yet. Maybe "fake" isn't the best word I could pick for that...

I do think that her teasing, flirting and the other forms of her sweet-and-sour treatment are compatible with her personality. I think it's the "goal" form of hers, the character she strives to become. But until she has dealt with her "inner Ayatsuji" problems (4), the Cat hasn't fully taken over. She isn't there yet. Once again she's merely _pretending_ to be like this yet.

That's what I was trying to express.