View Single Post
Old 2010-11-27, 05:50   Link #1718
UsagiTenpura
Artist

I guess I failed to explain what I meant, I'll try again.

What we we led to believe about Kinzo through most of the arcs was the genius "epic Kinzo" that we all doubted was really credible but we didn't know to which extent. Arc 7 encourages us to mostly discard that vision...

However what we did know outside of that epic Kinzo, although mostly consistent (I really am not clear about his feeling for his family) is very little knowledge in the end. For what we learned in arc 7, it's mostly "a certain version of his story with Beatrice".

That isn't enough to be certain of much, so actually from what I see as results most theories concerning Kinzo are still valid outside of the most ridiculously epic ones (and then again, with the bomb thing even that much is hard to discard). So I feel like ultimately for all we were told about Kinzo and how much the idea of "I wouldn't put it past Kinzo" is one nearly everyone want to reject, we're still basically left to speculate about most issues concerning him just as much as before.

I am not trying to say that all the information about Kinzo is all false, but more that most issues/theories are still left unsettled. For instance the idea that Yasu might not be really Beato-2's child.