View Single Post
Old 2010-12-17, 14:58   Link #19865
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

It might have other meanings, but in the context of Kanon and Shannon character development, it basically wouldn't matter unless two people named Kanon and Shannon actually existed on R-Prime... which I don't think is anyone's thesis at this point, and if it were, would require an entirely different sort of reading.

If it metaphorically represents a conflict Yasu actually had, that's fine too. I'm just not specifically addressing that, as with respect to Kanon and Shannon as fictional characters (regardless of any "true" existence in whatever form), they serve as representatives in the metaphor, rather than the actual aspects of the conflict itself. Which is to say, they don't matter as concerns the two servant characters as they appear in the fictions we've read, which is where they've gained development and "become human." It's like asking what Erika's disappearance means about the fate of Furudo-Prime. It's two different discussions that we'd have to examine thematically. Which I haven't done.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote