View Single Post
Old 2012-01-07, 19:32   Link #1016
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
I kind of agree, yet disagree if that make sense. To me it is sort of like the differences between Vanilla WoW and TOR. Both have pros and cons to them. Vanilla WoW leveling took more time, but was probably more tedious to casual players. That and, raids required 40 people and so it took longer for guilds to find/gear up 40 players. In essence, I think Vanilla WoW had natural speed bumps. Tor on the other hand is far faster and to a degree more on the rails, which definitely makes it more accessible. Furthermore, it is far easier to find 8 or 16 players compared to 40. On the downside a lot more people are reaching max level quickly and experiencing the less tested side of TOR. I guess it is a matter of picking your poison for devs.

Although, WoW, to my memory, launched with both Molten Core and Onyxia at release, although the loot tables were unfinished. I wonder how it compares to Soa/Eternity Vault difficulty.
You have to remember though, players' expectations are not measured by how the game was then, but how the game is now. The new TOR is not compared with vanilla WoW, but with Cataclysm, maybe Wrath by the nostalgia goggles.

Unfair? In a way. But it's a tough world, and Bioware needs to deal with it one way or another. Back before the game was out, there were already grumbles at Eternity Vault being the only raid, and that the game would fail if no new raids were implemented quickly after the game went live.

Two sides to everything.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote