View Single Post
Old 2005-12-18, 23:06   Link #63
Kieli
Maki Maki Shoujo
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
Considering Mashiro is in no way placed in any danger despite that evil-looking drag into the dark alley by Takumi, unless Takumi turns out to be a Black Valley somebody or something, I doubt that's related to Mashiro.
I never said that Takumi would be the one who is dangerous to her. She's outside of the castle, without protection of any kind, save for Mikoto. It could simply be that.

Quote:
I'd place my money on the confusion heartbeat seeing Nina and Sergey. I don't think it's love, maybe a longing feeling for a father? Since Arika clearly doesn't know hers, or even a role model she can take as a father.
I wouldn't. It doesn't even make sense for that even to be happening. I would expect something like that to have happened when she was alone with Sergey after he saved her life. To speculate something like that is out of place. There's no reason for it. And clearly the writers wanted us to hear the heartbeat for some other logical more germane reason rather than a wasted scene. We've been given no other indications to support this theory. Arika hasn't been pining for a father, she and Sergay barely get along. She hasn't even remotely shown any indication that she wants what Nina has. So why bring this sudden change out of thin air?

Her connection to Mashiro is the safest bet. Whatever her feelings for Sergay or Nina, I doubt she would even equate them with longing for a father. Her past efforts have been more focused on locating her mother. It simply makes no sense for her heart to go all "doki doki" over that domestic scene. As we're clearly being set up for something important to happen with Mashiro's escape from the castle, it makes more sense for Arika to truly understand the bond between Otome and Master by showing a deeper sort of connection between the two. Their lives are connected by contract. Up until now, we've only been given a superficial explanation for what that means. This heartbeat could be a lead-in for a deeper understanding of the Master/Otome relationship.

THAT makes more sense to me.