View Single Post
Old 2005-12-19, 00:51   Link #69
Diodati
The very united ACROSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
I'm not surprised if he pulls out a O.M.F.G gem with the words, I Am The Prince of My Motherland.
Heh for real? I can't tell if you're being serious. It would certainly be interesting, Takumi with physical prowess, let him take down all the Otome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim
I really hope you are right. After all, some of the characters will probably die in the series and if I had to choose I'd choose Shizuru right after Arika.
*runs for his life pursued by a crowd of Shizuru fans*
Yeah you run! Nah I remember you saying before the forum went down. It broke my heart that time too. ^_^ Matrim doth protest too much (about his secret Shizuru lurve) me thinks *runs for her life pursued by Matrim*

If she came first on that poll thingie, then she may last longer than I thought por defecto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich666
and the name of ep13 is Towards the Red Sky ;-)
Heh I can't believe they would 'flag' an episode as obvious as that. Maybe it's a red (excuse the pun) herring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atua
I found the plot direction that Nina "Elektra" Wong is heading increasingly disturbing. I didn't think she'd actually confess about her feelings to Arika. Sergey is a decent character, and I've liked him up to this point, so I really don't want to see a Nina/Sergey/Arika love triangle develop here.
I found it weird too. Sure it explains why Nina has been so aggressive (that she 'doesn't just view him as her dad), but the relationship sways between protection, obsession and figurative incest. And the fact that it's been implied her feelings started as young as nine, is quite unnerving, ewww.

However I doubt it will form a love triangle with Arika as a 'willing' participant. Most of Nina's hostility comes from Arika being Rena's daughter. ''Why did you have to be that woman's daughter'' etc. So in a way we have a Nina / Sergs / 'the memory of Rena' triangle. And Nina kinda loses on all counts here, because it's unlikely she'll ever be able to beat an idealised memory from Serg's youth, nor be seen anything more than a daughter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieli
I disagree....her expression was not one of jealousy but confusion. I believe that Arika's pendant somehow links her Mashiro (if she is indeed destined to be Mashiro's Otome) and if Mashiro is even perceived to be in danger, I'm sure the pendant's function is to make her aware of it. They DO share a life bond now, after all, as their contract is still in place.
Woooah, there's a lack of ShizNat under your name, I barely recognise you anymore! Hmmm that scene was structured kinda weird. Arika was genuinely happy for Nina, and I thought the sound was more from the pendant rather than her 'heart'. So yeah I'll happily go with the idea it may be about Mashiro. Or maybe even whoever gave her the pendant.