Thread: A Laugh A Day
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-09, 18:10   Link #24775
willx
Nyaaan~~

Rant Time - Gallows Humor For You (Suffering For Me)

So, you can all have a good laugh at my travel troubles -- there was a snowstorm in the NE of North America (Boston, New York, Toronto, etc.)

I had a flight scheduled for 7:20PM, it was cancelled so I (intelligently) bypassed Airline customer service and immediately booked for 1) the nearest later flight that 2) was flying a big plane (Boeing 777) -- low pressure system made smaller planes unable to fly. All good right?

[Begin Rant]

NO. A flight that normally takes 4.5-5 hrs (from Toronto to Vancouver)? My total delay + travel time ~15 hours. You can't even make this stuff up: Plane was transferred over originally was going to Shanghai so had too much fuel, had to "defuel" .. tried pumping fuel back into underground tanks (too slow) so sent for a fuel tanker truck, first fuel tanker trucker drove too fast over the icy ground and tipped over, sent for a second fuel tanker .. fuel tanker isn't really any faster than pumping into the ground. Finally get on the plane, ground is too icy for the trailer to pull it, call 2nd trailer .. 2nd trailer is still not enough and apparently break gears were frozen due to delay. Unfreeze breaking gears, call in a BIG trailer .. plane finally gets moving. Proceeds to runway, tries to take off .. engines are (maybe) too cold and therefore unable to take off. Must crawl back to starting point, warm up engines and take another run ..

[/End Rant]

tl;dr -- Plane troubles, wil suffers, you can't make this stuff up