Thread: Allods Online
View Single Post
Old 2010-06-01, 04:01   Link #14
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

crap, I have several characters because I can't settle on a main. Interestingly... this is the first MMO I've ever NOT been able to get excited over the usual sorc or cleric type classes and HAVE gotten excited with playiing the melee classes.

I prefer the Empire side (paladin, summoner, warrior) ... but I do have a couple of Alliance chars on the other server: plate-of-Giblets (psionic) and a cute little ranger lass.

This is probably the most interesting MMO that is F2P I've seen. Love the Russian flavor (Stalinist vs Czar).... yeah there's the usual multitude of "idiots" in chat but I often just turn zone off.

The "talent grid" makes it *very* difficult to cookie-cutter and much amusement is to be had reading the pontifications of people used to cookie cutter builds who think they can explain the "best and only" build/spec/talent system over one-line zone chat.

The typical player-fail I come across are people who don't want to do the quests (game is quest-driven) and can't figure out why they aren't getting anywhere. That's followed up by those that don't *read* the quests (as in, "Reading is hard!") and then flood chat with requests to be led-by-the-nose (which bites them later as well).

Note: they're in beta and still balancing/tweaking a lot of stuff... so don't get too hung up on particular powers or go in asking "whats the best class?" (I hate that question) and expect an answer that won't change.

I'm intrigued by the end-game astral ship explore/combat game, but not there yet.

Last edited by Vexx; 2010-06-01 at 04:18.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote