View Single Post
Old 2010-07-20, 13:48   Link #349
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
Well, that may be your opinion, but it certainly didn't come across that way to me. And the way you're talking about Sakura certainly makes you seem stone-hearted from my viewpoint, even if you don't agree. Perhaps it's because you find it easier to pity a character that when one comes along who is deserving of true pity your mind can't cope with it. Sakura's situation is indeed extreme (beyond anything that could happen in real life), so I suppose it's possible that your mind just couldn't copy with how awful it is and failed to sympathise with her as a result.
Just because someone doesn't agree with your opinion about a character is no reason to get all holier than thou on them.

Quote:
Rubbish. Whilst you're undeniably supposed to pity Sakura, you're also supposed to respect her for her strength. She isn't created solely to be felt sorry for, she has a role in the story and her own personality that makes her endearing and makes you want to care for her.
You, perhaps, but not everyone feels the same way. That's why there's things like popularity polls, because people feel differently about the same characters.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote