View Single Post
Old 2011-10-20, 15:55   Link #1901
ginran
~Smile~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamiken View Post
Hm, you do have a good point. There is a more practical consideration, though - how would she have been able to join the Black Knights and remain close to Lelouch without people growing suspicious of their relationship? After all, most of the Black Knights still didn't know Lelouch's true identity until Schneizel spilled the beans in that hideously selective manner of his. If this girl joins the Black Knights and suddenly is thick as thieves with Zero, how long before someone other than Kallen wonders how they know each other so well? C.C. is all very well since she's a mystery anyway; but if anyone went sniffing after Shirley, it wouldn't be long before they came across Lelouch Lamperouge, who oddly enough also happens to (supposedly) be Rolo's elder brother... it would complicate things, is what I'm saying. Possibly Lelouch would've decided it safer for them only to meet outside the Black Knights - though that, on the flipside, would likely limit their time together. Tricky.
That's a really good point. It wouldn't be as easy as just joining them with no strings attached. In that case, I think Lelouch would have told her not to join and enjoy her life at Ashford, meeting with her when he was able. That would limit their time like you said, but it would be much safer for everyone involved. But if it would stay that way would be a matter of how the series would have ended had that been the route they took...meaning would Lelouch have stayed Zero forever or found some other solution?

Quote:
On a slightly different note, if she did join the Black Knights, what do you think her role would've been? Everyone thinks of Shirley as 'the normal girl who's just there to be female', but if you think about it, she might actually be quite useful to them. She's not stupid, after all, and moreover her swim club activities seem to show that she's quite athletic. And since that seems to be one of the main factors for determining proficiency with a Knightmare Frame (just look at Suzaku and Kallen), that could actually make her pretty skilled at it - hard though it is to think of Shirley in a Knightmare Frame. XD But then, would she have the stomach for combat? It's not really in her nature, after all... what are your thoughts?
Good question. XD In the event that it worked out, she could probably be like a bridge bunny (just featured a more frequently than the other 3) or someone who helps the crew in non-combat type things. She could even keep track of important information. While I think her athletic ability means she could be very good at being a pilot, she wouldn't be comfortable unless there was no other option and even then she would be unwilling to ever hurt anyone. It would work out somehow for her if there was a way to join them with not much trouble...plus she looked really awesome in the outfit from the small calender pic they did recently. Hahaha~

Quote:
Ahh, I see. That'd be why I didn't recognise them at once, then; never watched or read that series. Oh well, they look pretty... fun, heh.
I recommend it, though I'm really behind in following it. XD They are very fun characters haha!

Thanks to Yuka-Chan for the sig!
ginran is offline   Reply With Quote