View Single Post
Old 2005-12-19, 05:56   Link #12
carb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark`
You must also take into account the time of which they've achieved Ban Kai, and the amount of reiatsu they have.

Hitsugaya, being a Captain, has obviously had a decent amount of time to work with his Ban Kai, which contrasts Renji's limited time with his Ban Kai. However, as mentioned in the chapter, Hitsugaya is still basically a kid (one wonders how spirits grow, but I digress) and thus, the amount of reiatsu he possesses is less than most others, one of which would be Kuchiki Byakuya. I'm not saying that his Ban Kai will rival Byakuya's in strength or anything when he gets older and more reiatsu...just that his Ban Kai will improve.

As for Renji, he may have the reiatsu to make good use of his Ban Kai, but he lacks experience. Remember, Yoruichi mentioned that it takes at least 10 years of training just in order to achieve Ban Kai...that's not even mentioning how long it takes to fully master it.

Basically, I'm just saying that Renji lacks experience/knowledge of his Ban Kai, and Hitsugaya lacks reiatsu in order to make proper use of his Ban Kai (I do hope it'll turn out to be more than just ice wings and an ice tail though). Kuchiki Byakuya of course has both in abundance, so it's not really fair to compare him with the other two (even though Hitsugaya is a Captain...)
well that was exactly what i was trying to say ^_^ just goes to show that Hard work > talent.

the ichigo vs byakuya fight was made just so the authors could prove a point about society and its structures. which is why, i believe, they made ichigo win. But they did justice to byakuya, by not really letting ichigo win by himself, but rather with a lot of help from some1 else.