View Single Post
Old 2013-04-13, 12:43   Link #13128
Westlo
Lets be reality

^ Last arc was 4 chapters long, this could be a 2 chapter epilogue for all we know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iby View Post
I mean if it will end faster that will just prove that the rumor was a lie.
Means nothing, Jump rarely cancel a single series, Joker could end next issue, Medaka the next and Kiruko-san after that. Jump could easily put in 2 new series and return Hunter X Hunter (yeah right togashi you lazy bastard lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Beelzebub seems to be doing fine in ratings lately again so I dont see that happening in near future with that series.
It's starting to be near lower mid than mid, it's certainly not the darling it was a few years ago since a lot of new series have taken it's shine so to say, + Kuroko blew the f up.

I'll say JUMP tiers are...

One Piece Status - One Piece
Million sellers - Hunter X Hunter, Naruto and soon to be Assassination Classroom
500k+ series - Bleach, Kuroko, Gintama, Toriko
New guard - Nisekoi, Haikyuu!!, Shokugeki no Souma, PSI Kusuo Saiki
Mid tier - Beelzebub, Sket Dance
Bottom dwellers - Medaka Box, Cross Menage, Kiruko-san and Hungry Joker.

Jury's still out on World Trigger, but has ranked well so far so it might join the other 5 "new" hits for Jump.

So yeah Beelzebub & Sket Dance will clearly get that "pressure" that Medaka is under, that Reborn and Mago had etc. I mean imagine Hunter X Hunter comes back with 2 other new series to replace Medaka, Kiruko-san and Hungry Joker. Now these 2 new series are say on the level of Shokugeki no Souma... what gets cut? Cross Menage and....

Hypothetical though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
When are those gonna end again?
Also Bleach needs to bite the dust.
Wasn't Naruto supposed to be ending sometime soon? Well i guess they're gonna milk it for atleast another half year.
I'll say they will go on as long as they are able to until they get the tap on the shoulder.

Bleach is on its way to the end, it could just take 3 years, and it is still a big seller for JUMP, they wish their golden boy Toriko could get the sales of Bleach lol.

Yes Naruto is also on the way to the end, (but again that could take a while) that's the reason Toriko was pushed so much, because they wanted it to fill the gap left after Naruto and Bleach.. if Togashi was a constant contributor it wouldn't matter as much but yeah we all know what happened here lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Compared to his Monogatari series, the writing in Medaka Box is really lackluster. The conversations aren't anywhere near as interesting and while a lot of the concepts are interesting and subvert shounen tropes, their execution leaves a lot to be desired.
This really is more than likely a side project for him, I doubt he takes it that seriously compared to the 4-5 novels he writes at a time. Even his monogatari series has low spots (Nise 2) which unfortunately has mostly been animated lately, Zen + Kizu is the series back at it's full strength though. But yeah Zaregoto >>>>>>>>>>>>
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote