View Single Post
Old 2012-06-25, 12:12   Link #265
Auron Requies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
I don't know if it managed to achieve "good" but it was definitely so bad it was fun. Its not a totally bad show, the first half was good, but it just destroys itself in a fit of self-hatred. This happens a lot in anime-originals, you have a good kick-off and good introduction to a diverse, interesting cast that gets you hooked... and then stuff happens* that just disappoints.
I haven't watched enough anime originals to think of it like that. But I can see why it'd be anime originals in general. If we compare something like manga and light novels, authors also have a time frame, but considering the nature of their work they make sure to plan their materials so that things are consistent.

I mention this cause, what could be more worst then 'good start, wtf stuff in the middle' is something like a manga thats 'slow start, GREAT stuff in the middle' and then finally 'we are ending in 3 chapters' (I'm looking at you Negima! T T). I'd still prefer the Aquarion series over something like GSD any day. GSD I believe to this day is one of the worst series handled, at least for me. Though I'm still a Seed fan, just not Destiny so much.