View Single Post
Old 2013-02-11, 19:19   Link #11
T-6000

I have been planning on picking this one up once I got my PC upgraded, but after looking at gameplay footage........I think I'll just wait until this game is $10 or $5 on Steam.

I really don't want to sound like a Negative Nancy here, especially since I'm not only a big Sci-Fi buff but big into the Aliens (and Predator) series. But the gameplay footage I have been seeing aren't really impressing me. As RWBladewing has pointed out in the video, the A.I. can be atrocious. And not only in that video, but other gameplay footage I have seen. The AI can be quite solid at times, but more often than not the AI can be anywhere from mediocre to downright bad. Animations seem to be too stiff and generic. Especially when it comes to the Xenos. Their movements, their death animations, they all feel too stiff and generic. And I really don't like the look of their damage detail and blood. The Xeno Animation in AVP 3, their damage detail, and blood are actually better in comparison (well, at least IMHO). The story is ok (despite some plotholes and inconsistency with the Aliens Movie), but the dialogue feels forced. And annoying. The voice actors feel like they're not putting much effort into their roles and come off as being bland characters. I hate to see and point out so many flaws in Aliens: Colonial Marines since I have anticipated this game for a good while, especially since I am an Aliens Fans. But if a Game is flawed, than it is flawed and I can't see it any other way.

I haven't played the Borderland games, but ever since the Half-Life Expansions they have made products that have felt....mediocre to me. I have defended Gearbox in the past because of the amazing Half-Life expansions they made, but even I am starting to think that they were a one hit wonder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Same developer btw so...

...they did the borderlands series, though.
Well to be fair, 3D Realms did most of the work and since it was an unfinished product, Gearbox picked up the game (and it's developers) and finished up the uncompleted parts. I won't be too hard on Gearbox for Duke Nukem Forever, but since they plan on making more Duke Nukem games in the future I will judge them on those future installments.
T-6000 is offline   Reply With Quote