View Single Post
Old 2007-09-17, 18:21   Link #2276
Calawain
Gaijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
I like your first idea. It seemed they were experimenting with the dramatic elements in LS; even made a tear-jerker. I'd like to see a more regular anime version of LS for the second season. It's not beyond KyoAni, as they're pushing the envelop all the time.

But your second idea me no likely. It HAS to be KyoAni and Yamakan.

I see you've just added a 3rd idea, and I just want to say that an L*S has gotten too big for an OVA. OVA is for smaller, niche series like Ichimashi, not mega-hits like L*S. Like you've said, it has taken over Akiba and may soon driven a CD of a little-known male seiyuu who can't sing to Oricon top 10. Nah, a full second TV season is a must for all the right reasons.
I think that first idea could be interesting, using the franchise to do a different type of show. With Kanon, KyoAni has proved that they can do an amazing job with tear-jerker that leaves a huge impact on people.

I don't think LS would be appropriate for an OVA either. OVAs seem like an afterthought most of the time. For example, if you look at the Mai-Otome OVA, it was pretty meh and just seemed like some random story thrown on at the end.

As for my predictions, I think it's certainly possible to continue with the show as it. I mean despite the feel of finality the last episode provided, they still haven't graduated yet, there are still a couple of months left. So technically they could do another 12-14 episode season with the cast as is and not have it seem too out of place. Either that or halfway through a 24-26 episode show they could have a graduation and continue with the younger group's last year, they are certainly fun to watch. However, as you said, Kona x Kagami is the key to the workings of the show, so who knows.

Either way, with a 26+ episode Clannad and another 14ish episode Haruhi coming up, another season will have to wait almost a year (or more if they decide to animate a 4th season of FMP). However, by then there will be plenty of extra manga material to work off of.
Calawain is offline   Reply With Quote