View Single Post
Old 2012-02-12, 16:35   Link #415
Witch of Uncertainty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bluebeard View Post
I think I've read in some interview that Ryukishi07 said Bernkastel and Frederica Bernkastel are different people...but I'm really not sure I'm not just making this up. The way I've always seen it is that Frederica(FurudeRika) Bernkastel is the main character of HigurashiKAI, and then in Rei they get separated from one another. And that's where Bern comes from.
I know Rika and Bernkastel are different beings, but I always believed that Bernkastel and Frederica Bernkastel were the same entity. And since the duct-tape is signed with "Frederica Bernkastel", I'm pretty sure that is the case.

I have never heard him confirmeing that Bern and Frederica Bern are different from each other, though I must also admit that I am not exactly updated on the his interviews. :P

EDIT: I'm pretty sure Frederica was always split from Rika. When you complete Higurashi Kai, it ends with her telling us how she wants to experiment with the kakera's. What I think happened in Rei (only watched the anime) was Rika almost Merging with Frederica, instead of them splitting up.
Witch of Uncertainty is offline   Reply With Quote