View Single Post
Old 2011-11-08, 15:45   Link #67
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Silver King View Post
I also found this arc to be EXTREMELY boring. Did we really need all this just so Ichigo could get his powers back?
lol. Apparently not. Because the only thing Ichigo needed to do was sit back, relax, and just wait for his powers to be returned. Come to think of it, the method Kubo came up with to instantly return his shinigami powers seemed awfully simple--which can sort of bring up some potential problems. Because without any defined limitations as to the extent this method can be used, it easily defeats the entire purpose and the novelty of the "final" attack. Case in point, whats to stop Ichigo from using FGT again on the next major bad guy to pose the next big threat? I mean after all, Urahara and the rest of the shinigami can just give him his powers back yet again. So it'll be somewhat interesting to see what explanation (if any) Kubo will come up with to prevent FGT from being a plausible solution.

In any case, I'm predicting the purpose of this arc lies within the fate of the fullbringers. Because if the sole purpose of this arc was just to give Ichigo his powers back, and all the fullbringers end up defeated, dead, or just plain gone for good before at least doing something that will affect the future of the plot, then the arc itself fails completely. I may not place much faith in Kubo's abilities as a story writer, but I don't think he's THAT incompetent. So I'm pretty sure at least one of the fullbringers will come through to provide some much needed purpose to this arc once it's all said and done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
^ Ichigo has only ever defeated one captain, and that's Byakuya. He drew with Kenpachi and he basically lost to Aizen, since it was Urahara who ultimately sealed him...not to mention Aizen lost his captain status long ago
I think the point still stands though. (And without being too nitpicky , if he was able to defeat one captain, it stands to reason he's come to rival their strength on average). Although its a point that isn't necessarily limited to just Ichigo. That being, a lot of characters in Bleach have trained for many decades (or centuries) just to have obtained the strength they had at the start of this series. But yet Ichigo and his friends (like Ishida and Chad) can come along to rival or even surpass the strength of these characters in a small fraction of the time. And lets face it, at full strength, its no secret that Ichigo far surpasses everyone--including Yamamoto. We don't have to see that match-up take place to know that. FGT was stupidly OP, and we can only speculate as to why that is, or how the hell no one else among the Gotei 13 either didn't learn it, or thought their own "final" attack wouldn't be powerful enough to beat Aizen with. Heck, we still don't even know why some of the participants in the war refrained from using bankai. lol