View Single Post
Old 2012-09-05, 01:28   Link #2241
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardtengcy View Post
Kind of remind me of Skynet in terminator....gaining self-awareness and fighting against human that creates them. I am totally against using "bottom-up" AI in weapons but if used on bots like personal maid or something, I wouldn`t mind. Something like a cross-references to "CHOBIT"
Doesn't Chobit implement a bottom up AI while the other bots implement top bottom?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirX View Post
If the AIs turn on the humans, they could be simply dealt with deletion. No matter where the AIs are, they are connected to the main operation system that will control them so if they rebel it'd be noticeable and could be dealt with.
Like slavery! /shot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
But learning doesn't work that way. These AIs are sentient, they learn like humans, so they can't learn to disobey just one specific rule. That's ridiculous.

What they're ultimately learning from Kirito is a general free will: to think by themselves instead of obeying rules (any rule) blindly, and choose accordingly. Basically, to be humans.

Yeah, but humans are paid, and they have rights and laws protecting those rights. AIs have nothing like that. Or are they going to give AIs all that? I doubt it, and even if they do, that itself would be a totally different Pandora Box to deal with.

So no, that whole ideal is full of holes.
People can easily to fooled, coerced, etc. How can AIs be any different?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
This chapter 2 has more than enough material to cover more than half the debates on SAO...

And to recap what I told Netto, Accel World 12's afterwords confirmed that SAO volume 11 will be out in late Winter (I'm expecting February 10th)
asking, how long will vol 11 cover from the web novels?
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote