View Single Post
Old 2009-08-07, 19:17   Link #2046
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by selkirk View Post
I was going to speed through Chap 6 then go back to 5, since 5 is a pretty boring chapter, but I got sidetracked by Bungaku Shoujo (excellent novel) and one-more-turning in Civ4 FfH...
Ah I actually wasted allot more time on Civ 3 myself I used to grind that game for hours and hours... then go and read battle reports of other peoples games. By the time 4 rolled around I was acutally sort of cived out.

Also I'd bitch about slow updates being slow, but then I can't even put out a snippet of my own work that I just have to make up as I go along never mind translate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimura sensei View Post
Is it just me or is Tomoko a huge bitch?
Pretty much.

Quote:
She is, especially in the first novel. I suppose that's the point of the whole first novel, anyway. I never really liked her myself.
Ah I liked her, but that could be because I’m a huge bastard. I can’t count how many times I end up cursing at my teammates for being idiots… I still maintain I only do this because they ARE idiots mind you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
Barkhorn is a Tsundere, Perrine is pure bitch. It's all in the delivery.

<<--(Likes Trude, hates Perrine)
Quite, but then she got bonus points for the Fw-190D-9 which is my fav German fighter. Then again I’d like any plane that gives me two 20mm cannons with 250 rpg and two 13mm MGs with 500 rpg “close and spray!” If only it didn’t turn like a dump truck… (course I'd love any Witch that used a P-38 even more and unconditionally)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Huh. I rather liked her VA, although I do agree she needs more practice. Her voice sounds awkward during emotional moments. However during the more casual moments, I really liked her. The character herself could have a little less Sanya-obsession going on for my tastes, but I guess it's a major attraction point for the majority. Really like her uniform though.
I didn't even notice myself, but then I've never had much of an ear for voices or VA. It has to be really bad (like Godzilla level dubbing) for me to really notice much of anything.

Quote:
Perinne... never really made the cut for me. While I don't actually hate her, I can't find myself liking her either.
Kay I'll say it then: I hate her. She was annoying and prissy and her voice actually did irritate me. Plus she was like a walking French stereotype to boot. I was just waiting for her to say "I fart in your general direction!" at any moment...

Quote:
This is probably because I find oujou-sama types to be very hit-or-miss, with more misses than hits. Probably because they're often also very bitchy (for some reason, bitchy and oujo-sama archtypes seem to have a magnetic attraction). Oh, and the whole 'I dislike this character because she's close to my idol/lover' gig is something I never liked.
I don't see her as an Ojou-sama at all that requires some kind of class and she was just a whiny brat that was imitating what she thought class was. At best she might be classed as an Ojou-sama wanna-be an Ojoutator if you will.

Then we have the entire absurd obsession thing. I’m surprised she didn’t go to her room and play linkin park records while cutting herself when Mio didn’t pay attention to her every single moment they were together… I can see it now:
Spoiler for "CRAWWWLLLINNNGG IN MY SKIN!!!":

Quote:
I have to agree that the Sanya moe becomes tiresome pretty fast. And yes, Sakamoto needs more screentime and development. Perhaps in the next season, if that letter proves to be accurate?
Pretty fast don't you mean instantaneously? I saw her the first time and I was like "Oh it's the Rei-clone next..."

Quote:
As for my favorite character, it'd probably be Katou Keiko, or Beurling. Katou just kinda walks around the base and talks to people, but since that section is written by IMHO the best writer on the SW creative staff... (and one of the most important)
You don't say? Would be interesting to see more of her... Okay so I said I wouldn't bitch about slow updates being slow: I lied.

Quote:
I also rather like Miles' character design, but she doesn't actually get much screen(page?)time.
Yes we need more infantry action.

Tk3997 is offline   Reply With Quote