View Single Post
Old 2004-08-04, 17:15   Link #83
Anthriel
天使

Quote:
I don’t think it is very what a woman want to do. Some girl don’t seems to mind if they are consider like objects because some idiots (men or worst, some brainwashed women) will them they aren’t even if it’s not true. They do strip, but they do it for money. Who provides money? Men. Who get better salaries? Men.
There is a difference between dressing provocatively or stripping and perceiving oneself as a sexual object. There are male strippers as well, if the demand for them would be as high as for female strippers, there would be about the same amount of them.
Men do get better salaries, just like Whites get better salaries than Blacks, it's a bad thing and most western states try to act against it. For example, in Germany, when a public job or a promotion could go to a man or a woman, both equally skilled, the woman will be preferred

Quote:
Who always got what they want? Men. Who is a slave of men? Women.
In the western world, women are not slaves to men, just like Blacks are not slaves to Whites.
Quote:
Who will never have what they want on tv because they don’t have enough money power? Women.
There are quite a lot shows aimed at women as well, however, women don't have the same interests as men have. There is equivalent to the Playboy, it just doesn't sell as well. If women would somehow become more interested in seeing naked men, more shows of that kind would be produced.

Quote:
Who have to take care of the kids when the father is gone? Women. Who will have less chance to have a next man in her life because she takes care of their kids? Women. Who always runs from their responsibilities? Men. Who will always get away with it? Men.
In German, child custody translates to Sorgerecht, literally "The right to care (for the children)" A right women are granted more often than men. I know some father who would like to care for their children, but aren't allowed to. Thus it wouldn't call that a disadvantage of women, rather an advantage, actually.

In general, I do agree women are discriminated against, however, it think sexism slowly vanishes. It used to be worse and it will get better with time. However, even now, woman do have some advantages. It could respond to your post with something like:
Who will get beaten up by school bullies? Boys. Who always gets child custody? Women. Who can get advantages by sleeping with their boss? Women. Who has to pay at restaraunts? Men.

You could respond with something like:
Who can get raped? Women. Who is always sexually harrased? Women.
And so on.

In general, I agree women are discriminated against and are disadvanteged more than men, but the society as a whole gets more and more tolerant. Actually, I don't know even one chauvinist and where I live, everyone who behaves chauvinistic is looked down upon.
In fact, here in Germany, men have more obvious disadvantages than women. Apart from the fact you live longer and aren't as prone to diseases, in Germany, you don't have to worry about being recruted by the army. As a man, you have to serve one year (or decline, and take a social job for one year instead), even though Germany is pacifistic. (Though our army of conscripts couldn't beat professional soldiers anyway).
Anthriel is offline   Reply With Quote