Thread: Smoking
View Single Post
Old 2008-05-26, 17:20   Link #125
oompa loompa

going slightly off the trend this thread is moving..

im sorry to get a little angry about this, but ive heard a lot of

' i look down on smokers ', or i ' completely dissaprove of smoking ' etc etc. this is exactly the type of thing that i thought i would NOT find on this forum. yes, its dangerous and its bad for health, we know that ( and so do a LOT of other things that we do everyday ), its written on the bloody boxes for heavens sake, and no this doesnt make all smokers freakin retarded either. and no, you dont have to PITY them either! Its peoples choice, let them do as they wish, frankly speaking none of us have ANY right ot say ' oh sorry you shouldnt do this shouldnt do that '. we dont decide whats right or wrong.

zz.. ok now ive calmed down a bit. look, we all know the tobacco industry makes billions, and yeah, it drags in a lot of suckers. but for heavens sake, lets try and not make 'smokers' a generalization? ( please dont say after this, no i wasnt etc etc, i DONT mean any offense to any particular person ) and im sorry if anyone meant otherwise, but you cant exactly blame me for seeing it that way either. why im saying this here, or why i did get a little angry about some of these responses, because theres been a big discussion going on on this very forum about how ANNOYING and downright STUPID it is to stereotype people who watch anime. how are we any different if we generalize people as 'smokers' or 'junkies' just because they smoke or take drugs once in a while. hell a lot of my best friends do, and i do stop them when it gets out of hand, but its certainly no reason to look down on them. whether anyone meant it or not, just for future reference, lets not try and sterotype smokers here? cos then were just as bad as those morons who might have stereotyped some of us.

Last edited by oompa loompa; 2008-05-26 at 17:37.
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote