View Single Post
Old 2010-05-25, 19:00   Link #10643
Kylon99

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
I haven't really though about this, but the statement Kinzo is dead at the start of all the games is very, very vague.

This is said at the end of Episode 4, isn't it?
So we can only guarantee that the statement is true for Episodes 1-4.

Now. Let us assume that all the kakeras coexist and that they exist "simultaneously."

A kakera could exist such that Kinzo did not die (like maybe Episode 5) but since the statement Kinzo is dead at the start of all games was not said before said kakera was created/examined, it could be granted immunity from this particular red.
This is also another reason I came up with the Author Theory and the Historical Method Theory, or at least my particular brand of it. I was trying to pierce the meta world, that it is NOT like Higurashi with infinite kakera/fragments. In this way, I was trying to see it from the point of view of an author of a detective novel rather than a Rika travelling through infinite worlds.

Because Rika travelling through infinite novels would not be solveable, if you try to consider the infinite possibilities. You have to define it down to a set of kakera where only some things can be possible but not everything. In otherwords the set of solveable kakera is a subset of all possible kakera. This limiting is done by the red text.

In this way, Bernkastel is trapped.

If you go up one level to the writer (if you subscribe to the theory) then the writer must have set up the situation before hand in order to write a story that can still be variable. Otherwise what you have are spin off stories that do not relate to the original... or if they were done by other people, non-canon stories.

I see the red as capable of threading through all stories except for the ep specific ones. This is why, at the author level, I called it the Core Truth rather than red text. This Core Truth must be true for all games.
Kylon99 is offline   Reply With Quote