View Single Post
Old 2010-05-25, 20:06   Link #10656
Kylon99

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeagullCrazy View Post
In Rokkenjima-prime, a devil's proof can exist. The Knox rules don't apply, so I don't need evidence to back anything up. Method X can exist. Evidence X doesn't need to exist. Witches can exist.

Rokkenjima-prime isn't a mystery novel. If the Meta-World is a metaphor for the readers and writer of the stories, then that's all the evidence we need to say that the writer (Battler) knows that Erika never was on Rokkenjima-prime, and can use the red to deny her existence.
Sorry, I'm still a few messages behind... as I said.. I'm still trying to pretend to work. 8)

This is what I thought as well. This is in fact explained in her TIPS. People found out she was around the area and mysteriously disappeared. Her family theorized she washed ashore and was caught up with the whole Rokkenjima Explosion Incident.

What I think happened at the end of EP6 is that people found out that she really did die and never made it somehow. So she can no longer be used as a character. The possible subset of kakera, or the possible area for Author's Speculation shrunk. (Author's Speculation is the other thing I mentioned that is 'like' the Blue Truth... though of course not the same.)

In other words, the Author's Speculation turned into Core Truth. By analogy, a blue truth was verified by a red. (Of course, the blue/red text is not the same thing.) My idea is that the more the Core Truth is revealed the more we'll all hit the 'Truth' that the EP1-2 writer was looking for.

This is why Hachijou, or was it Featherine, said she investigated details of Kyrie's pregnancy and added it to EP5 or something. This is another example of Author's Speculation turning into Core Truth. (So long as the research was real and recognized by everyone.)

There's a way to include the analogus Gold Truth in there somewhere! 8) I can't think too much about it right now...
Kylon99 is offline   Reply With Quote