Thread: Licensed Simoun
View Single Post
Old 2006-04-18, 11:45   Link #136
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
But, as much as I like the music and watercolor background art, it seemed like they've spent 3 epsiodes mostly establishing the characters and the intricate world, instead of focusing on any particular plot. Simoun seems to be fully about character relationships, which are being built up in a very precise manner, as if this show is going to be all about character relationships (as opposed to some plot or quest).
That would be more than fine by me. If I am to guess I would venture that the plot would be based about revealing what Tempus Spatium really is little by little with all the consequences that will have for the world. But having a few setup episodes after an actiоn full first episode is not exactly uncommon, although I can't think of many examples right now apart from Madlax. I think we are going to see lots of fighting real soon. And I actually like not knowing much where the show is heading to.

Quote:
What do people think about "Call" vs. "Core" vs. "Chor?
Well, "Core" makes most sense to me.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Quote:
Before the series aired I was a little put off by Neviril's eyes, because they seemed so expressionless (almost giving her the look of an alabaster doll). How wrong I was... Watching closely I'm starting to see all sorts of subtle emotions in them, and hints that the emotions behind the eyes are anything but subtle.
Yes, you have been quite wrong about Neville's (we really need to decide on the spelling of the names ) eyes. Actually all of the characters have quite expressive eyes.

I like Rimone more and more. She is the youngest but she is always calm and confident. I just wish she would speak more.

Anyway, due to my very much insufficient language knowledge I got confused - what is the role of the tube with no gravity or whatever it was in which they floated? Some kind of training? I hope it's not just an excuse to show the girls in skimpy outfits.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote