View Single Post
Old 2009-11-08, 23:55   Link #871
Tangowr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus17 View Post
That's for sure, I mean the "knight in shining armor" thing, but not because Luke saved Cecily several times. I think, her feelings towards Luke are the feelings of admiration and respect, and the source of those feelings - Luke's unique craftsmanship in creating swords and his exceptional fighting skills. Still she thinks Luke is a total jerk when it comes to person-to-person relations (well, he's not too courteous with her, is he? ^^).

But. It's the sixth episode now, and those two met in the first. But can you say that Cecily loves Luke now? She definitely doesn't. The thing is, the time when they could fall in love "at first sight" already gone. Now they need a reason in order to fall in love with each other (I mean, you don't need a reason for love in real life, but in books / movies such reasons must exist, authors can't just make characters love each other out of the blue ^^) So what can happen? Cecily suddenly will become smart and wise and proficient with swords? Or Luke will start suddenly care about protecting lives of all living beings? Sure, Cecily can accomplish some great deeds, but I doubt it will impress Luke much.

But things aren't that easy. It's easy to see that Luke and Cecily are just "made for each other". Who can become Luke's girl? Not Lisa and not Aria (and not anyone out of four newcomers ^^), - only Cecily. And who can become Cecily's boy? There's only one suitable man around ^^ Moreover, they both belong to the same stratum of society, they are people of one circle, they both are nobility (though Luke maybe only by status, not by blood).

So we have this situation: Luke and Sesily just made for each other, but they can't possible love each other, I mean it would be quite strange and unlogical. But they just CAN'T just say goodbye to each other in the end of the series and go their own ways. THEY CAN'T.

See where I'm pushing to? There's one possible variant of resolution of this contradiction. I'll put it under a spoiler tag:
Spoiler for maybe...:
Well, having only read 5 book, still need to read book 6(Charlotte reappear again~~) I really doubt there will be a Tragic ending, since the book is hinted at to be a flashback, or story told by one of the character.
the feeling that Cecily has for Luke will change after learning about her hertige/noble tie to the Sacred Sword, the Real purpose of the Council, and the origin of Lisa and why Luke is the "Sacred Blacksmith" in this city of neutrility, and her Proclomation to Luke

While Luke's feeling for Cecily will change after Sigfried appear, and what he almost did to Cecily will make Luke finally show some real emotion for Cecily.

Loli Lisa x Luke is impossible for a very simple reason, Luke see's her as his daughter, and there's a specific reason for that, that you guys should find out..looking at the current rate...in...6 more episode?