View Single Post
Old 2011-11-14, 20:51   Link #933
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
But you have to admit: No person would go that far for a stranger they met on a mission. And Fam makes Millia blush. Fam's also prone to glomps, smiles and saying things boys say to girls.

Fam is seriously raising flags without her knowing it.
The way they've been portraying Fam (and likely her feelings at how well she was taken in by Giselle's family and how much that meant to her) it feels like she'd also do this for anyone who's lost virtually everything in the span of two days and has fallen so far in trying to build them back up when seeing them down. I'm not saying that there aren't any bits or crumbs for yuri fans to use if they'd like to though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKage View Post
People are blowing the maid outfit out of proportion. It didn't even work that well in the first place...
Yeah I also noted this, the outfit didn't even work at all for her, in one of those shows that outfit would have gotten lots of reactions and/or "wow, you look great in that" lines etc., here it got "uh, what the heck are you doing?/deadpan reactions".

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
Oh please... you're overreacting, and yeah I read your post before this one, gosh that's the very definition of "nitpicking".

That scene with maid costume isn't even count as fanservice and not too feel out of place. If they want to make it as one, they can make the princess slipped n show her panties or something.
Exactly, I too think that's an exaggeration even if we were to consider ep 5 lighter than the others the 4 out of the 5 were an excellent mix of light, serious, dark, epic, weighty and introspective with like all of maybe a few seconds of moe and/or fanservice and ep 5 is the first to have anything even close to something like the maid outfit (though I think it shows how far Millia being a princess is willing to go to build back up) but even that's hardly on the usual level these days and hardly "fanservice" as Fertygo points out if they really wanted to pander they could show her or the other girls in far more "revealing" clothes or half-naked like in most other shows that get away with that (even Fam's frilly underwear which has only appeared for like 20 seconds tops total is incredibly tame and non-showy compared to the stuff so many characters are shown in that barely cover their bodies in most shows these days) and it's certainly nothing like the perpetual no-pants of Strike Witches (which actually wasn't a bad show). Even the lighter first half of ep 4 despite containing some light hang-out friendship building, was actually almost a quarter made up of Giselle's great dissection of the Silvius plus the second half failed raid on the ship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
So far this show remind me a LOT to usual BONES and GONZO, god that's so nostalgic...
I totally agree with this.

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2011-11-14 at 21:50.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote