View Single Post
Old 2013-03-01, 12:46   Link #12464
zigantz22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
lol, how the fuck am I 'twisting' events, dude? I see two facts here: Kumagawa is romantically interested in Medaka, and Medaka is open to the idea at least to the degree of being willing to marry him. These are facts, directly from the manga. Do you deny this? Can you remotely justify going against these plain facts from the series?

lol, from my perspective Zenkichi x Medaka is looking like a whole lot of wishful thinking at this point also, what with the potential for the manga to be ending and all. On the chance that the manga actually will be continuing, Zenkichi x Medaka becomes just as vulnerable as all other aspects of this series because there is every possibility for Nishio to troll that pairing in the same way as he has trolled pretty much everything else in this manga, and you know it.

Meanwhile, Kumagawa's underlying desire for Medaka is one of the most basic and consistent facets Nishio has maintained about his character, so there is every reason for me to continue taking an interest in it and expecting a resolution for it. There is nothing "wishful" about it, I knew more than 20 chapters ago that Kumagawa's romantic interest in Medaka would unquestionably come up again as a notable theme in the series, and hey, in this chapter there it was. In precisely the same way, if Medaka Box does continue as a series after the next chapter, there is no doubt it will come up again to play a pivotal role in Kumagawa's character development, as it always has.
Medaka and Zenkichi are effectively engaged to be married; Kumagawa x Medaka aren't, despite Medaka's trivial statement. Their relationship, whether you appreciate it or not, has been a strong constant throughout the entirety of the story, so it's bizarre to thoroughly dismiss it's relevance simply due to the possibility of Nisio eventually trolling this aspect of the narrative. I'd say their mutual feelings for one another is far more consistent and integral than Kumagawa's seeming interest in Medaka.
zigantz22 is offline   Reply With Quote