View Single Post
Old 2013-08-23, 16:55   Link #17
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisemer View Post
n the non-colored panel, Eva says she is 700 old, more or less the same age she had in Negima, so this should be in the same century, just a few years in the future...

Wait, I think it's ambiented in this year, 2013. That's because every Akamatsu work is ambiented in the year it started (like 1999 Love Hina and 2003 Negima)...
Actually near the end of the Magic World arc Eva said she was 600. Of course, in both cases she probably don't mean exactly values. But I would expect this to be at least 50 or so years afterwards. There is also the hint that Eva may have been born during the 100 years war (chachazero comment when Eva is telling her story during chapter 109), and quoting someone else:

Quote:
Evangeline was born during the Hundred Years War, which makes her between 550 and 666 years old during the events of Negima
If she's exactly 700 years old now, that means UQ Holder is set sometime between 2037 and 2153, which means the cast of Negima is either over 50 years old or just plain dead and forgotten
Another possible direction I think this may take:
Spoiler for late Negima: