Thread: Higurashi Q & A
View Single Post
Old 2006-06-13, 15:40   Link #30
AzureFlux
faito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranthine
It's about the TIPS, and how far they can be trusted. First of all, I'm assuming that the information in them can be taken as it's presented; there's nothing twisted by a character's point of view/mental state, like there was in Onikakushi-hen. Is that correct?

Secondly, I'm also assuming that in the ones that are conservations between characters, what the characters say could be lies or misinformation. I'm unsure as to whether the TIPS are supposed to provide concrete facts or whether they're just like everything else, and open to interpretation.
The TIPs provide "factual information" in the sense that they show what actually took place. For example, if a TIP contained information about what a character is thinking, then you can be sure that the thought process did take place. However, the contents of his/her thought would naturally be subjected to the person's state of mind. As for conversations, the above rule still applies. A person may lie if he/she chooses to.

With that said, the TIPs are there to help you solve the mystery behind everything (if that's even possible) and not to mislead the readers.
AzureFlux is offline   Reply With Quote