View Single Post
Old 2006-11-04, 03:08   Link #135
ThisIsDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
I'm not sure if you get it. Light said that all of the people he killed were the worst kind of criminals and that they all deserved to die.
Yea, I know u are not agree with the die thing.

Quote:
However, while he may be right in some cases,
OK, so u think some crimes really deserve to die. (penalty problem)

Quote:
there's no proof of it other than what he claimed.
What do u mean by no proof ? Those criminals were judge by the current jury system. And that is why they are criminals in jail and have criminals records. Those criminals wasnt judge by Light to put them in jail. So it will come down to the penalty problems.

Quote:
Whether or not the current justice systems are perfect has no bearing on Light's actions.
Wow, perfect !! Did i just see this word lol. Alright there are no holes in this jury system(law) everyone are happy and satisfied with the law today, no one can escape from the current system ^^

Quote:
What if an American declares a revolution and goes on a killing spree - would this be moral as well?

For people who gonna compare Countries Vs Countries, Nations Vs Nations etc.. to Yagami Raito, it is a little bit different.

European taking other people lands, colonized areas, destroying other nationals' cultures, Hitler eliminating Jews, White people slaving different skin's colour people, a country invading another country for own benefits, Communist Vs Capitalism, Liberalism VS Conservative etc......... Compare to Yagami Raito eliminating "Criminals"

As you can see the differences

- First are a group of people (I am right) VS a group of people (I am right)

- Second are "Criminals" which are Everyone (or most ppl? Some may think Criminals are good who knows) in the world recognize as "Criminals" - People who are doing Bad, evil things. It is really hard and rare for Everyone to accept on one thing or come up with a same statement.
However, u can say is majority judge minority.

Quote:
Why would Light simply claiming a revolution make his murders moral all of a sudden?
What do u mean by murder? It was because Light didnt have the law to support him to execute criminals? There are people executing or doing something to anther human being according to some laws(they are allow to).

There are people(police) who kill criminals from harming innocent. (short term)
Criminals after sitting in the jail and go out harming innocent again. (long term)

No one can guarantee those criminals will go harm people again or not for the 2nd or more times.

Light's way is just more effective and frighten, which preventing people from committing crimes for the first time. People will be more aware of their attitude and actions.

There are people demanding penalty stronger to prevent more people committing crimes.

Last edited by ThisIsDream; 2006-11-04 at 03:47.