View Single Post
Old 2012-04-07, 10:15   Link #28340
Kealym

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestSpeaker View Post
And what I was referring to with the windows, was if it was said in game there was a way to escape the room not using the windows I would be very interested to hear theories on it, if it were said on these boards there is less onus for it to be true.
Ah. I'm rather certain that, in the game, escape by the window was the only possible solution. At the same time, Erika never figures out Shkanon, so when she can't explain how Kanon escaped the Guesthouse, Beatrice essentially went "Well, whatever. I won't make you explain that trick, and we'll just assume that he does it 'somehow'." There's nothing else really available to use besides Shannon left by the window, activated Kanon mode for the lulz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestSpeaker View Post
And the thing I was trying to say about Bern's puzzle is the white narration (which HAS to be true) said that "Nanjo was killed in the entrance hall to the guest house", which if we follow to the letter means that George's "no one could kill Doctor Nanjo inside the guesthouse!" false by default. Unless this is a translation error in the patch it is a logic error in the game for George NOT to be lying, hence why I chose him over Battler.
Ah, you're right. It still works though if 'killed' is being used as an adjective, which I guess it has to be. You can call it either a less than perfection moment in the translation, or just a hilariously misleading sentence. I dunno, I dunno how the original japanese line was. Anyways, the other side of what I meant is that when your reasoning gets down to "George or Battler, who's lying?" George doesn't have anyone he could have murdered, so he's out.

Well, VERY technically speaking, you might say George could have killed Kanon, but her game seems to both acknowledge and disregard Kanon, and it's more like he goes poof as soon as Shannon dies rather than being killed outright.
Kealym is offline   Reply With Quote