View Single Post
Old 2012-12-19, 18:05   Link #34
Somnus
Eh?

Fantastic final episode. I was "in another world" so to speak, for the second half of the episode as it just pulled me in and wouldn't let go.

Loved how the Dark Flame Master's "Banishment!" was unveiled like the ultimate attack in a shounen action series that you'd been waiting for since the first episode/chapter. Not to mention I was cheering with the exact same excitement when it happened, as I'd been looking forward to it once it became a recurring theme with the chuu2's.

I will admit there was a lot the studio had to choose between to cram into the final episode, and therefore I was left more with a feeling that it was a prelude to more great fun, as opposed to closure, that I felt with Hyouka last season. Either way, I enjoyed it immensely, and truly do wish there was a whole season more.

EDIT: I also want to add that the musical score in this episode was sublime. Absolutely flawless in content and placement.

Personal favourites are during the "birth of the Tyrant Eye" flashback, and Rikka jumping into Yuuta's arms.

Last edited by Somnus; 2012-12-19 at 18:15.