View Single Post
Old 2004-11-23, 20:31   Link #105
AG3
Inactive ex-WoW addict

Hi, Benoit. Nice to see you drop by

I seriously doubt we'll ever see something like Sofu'rin in the US. Not that the US market would approve of anything set by current Sofu'rin standards...

As for Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, I'd like to see even Peter manage to pull that one off. Getting AGE to license it would be a feat in itself, actually doing all the work of translating such a huge game (text wise) would be an even greater challenge.

Look at Brave Soul and Shield Gun Warrior SAKIGAKE. Both are technically more complex than the typical ADV games, but neither contain more text (I'm kinda assuming with Sakigake). I'm not sure what the details are for Little My Maid, though. It's supposed to have a lot of cultural details and references, and Peter (I think) said something about the script being like 1800 files. If it's taken them this much time with LMM, Kimi ga Nozomu Eien will take even longer with their current manpower. And I'm not so sure Peter is willing to risk so much just for one game.

Maybe this will change if it turns out that V-Mate can significantly increase profits and decrease risks. I'm sceptical to it's long-term effectiveness though.