View Single Post
Old 2008-04-01, 08:02   Link #2
Fynal_Fyre
Inactive Member

I'll try and help, but so far all I've played is CnC3: Tiberium Wars, they should share the core settings though.

Resolution-wise, that affects gameplay a lot, the game SHOULD detect the monitor's native resolution though.

One thing I encounter with the Command and Conquer series, with a setup like yours, keep textures to....medium, I'd say, textures is one thing that can hit performance, textures, IIRC, is the texture detail on every unit/building/tiberium field...etc.

Water effects-wise, you can go up to high, this affects water flow, etc....

Shader detail should go to...medium, toggle between that and low. I'm not exactly sure what this does.

Shadows, do not boost above medium, I'd say, this is every unit's individual shadow, building shadows, etc.

Um, have you put AA on? 'Cause frankly I heard that can really hit performance hard.

But Command and Conquer 3 had an auto-detect tool for optimum IIRC, have you used that?

If I was not mistaken, Command and Conquer 3, just like the series that preceded it, have tabs for animations and effects (correct me here if I'm wrong, or they may go by different names). You can try to turn off unit animations, so they won't move when Idle, grassy plains won't sway, etc.., as for effects, this includes stuff like...moving patches of sunlight, dust in the wind, this CAN impact performance, especially when it comes to light.
Fynal_Fyre is offline   Reply With Quote