View Single Post
Old 2011-11-30, 16:52   Link #245
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
If I felt that somebody else viewed me as a reliable acquaintance, friend, lover, confidant, etc... and if I go along with that person's view of me, then yeah, I'd feel some sense of obligation towards that other person. Even if we were brought together through some sort of coercion or artificial means. To me, this is just basic human decency, and it runs deeper than cultural considerations alone.
Were you raised as a breeding tool who has no worth aside of that in society?

They are magi. They don't have human decency (exceptions aside, like Waver, who you know hates the Association ). They would have let Caster do those horrible actions to children if they hadn't been rewarded by the command seals. Why do you think Risei announced the prize?

In fact, for magi, Kayneth's right now is nothing more than dead meat. He's worth less than Sola, the spare child. Her obligation is to be engaged to a powerful magus... He's not a magus anymore.

Sola, in case you miss it the first time I said it, doesn't love anything (aside of Lancer. I'll say that she doesn't even have a sense of self-worth, which explains some of her thoughts). She doesn't feel: she's numb and cold. Because she wasn't raised as a person, she was raised as a pawn since the day she was born. For the first time in her life, she's experiencing human warmth and personal happiness. It's stated in the novels pretty clearly. That she was frozen inside until she met Lancer.

Also Kayneth knows that Sola doesn't love him. It's hilarious to think that the engagement would be broken because she objects. Look, when I say that her purpose is to marry is that if she rebels, well why she's alive for? At best, she would be given to the Association for 'research' or something.

This isn't Harry Potter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Her tone struck me as playful. A wife-to-be gently ribbing her husband-to-be, hoping that it'll get him to shape up a bit. You could find the same thing in numerous happy marriages.
No, she was being passive-aggressive, defending Lancer from Kayneth's lecture, only for Lancer to stand up for him.

All relationships are unrequited.

Speaking on this, why nobody says that Kayneth should feel gratitude to Lancer. He saved his life and yet he hates his guts. Where is his obligation and human decency?

He's just a magus.

Furthermore, Sola's desired loyalty from Lancer was also unrequited (no formal contract was established). Even if they are all allies, but their relationships fall apart. The cracks are everywhere.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"

Last edited by Thess; 2011-11-30 at 17:09.
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote