Thread: Nintendo Wii U
View Single Post
Old 2013-07-11, 01:41   Link #478
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
I'm not sure what this has to do with the point about Wii titles not getting the kind of budget that PS3 titles got.
You pointed out the console's hardware limitations as one reason why third parties don't put much resources into their Wii titles, then cite Nintendo stating that they don't want their games to have high budgets.

Brawl is one counterexample. It may not be Metal Gear Solid level, but it doesn't have to be. You can still make a high budget game for Nintendo consoles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
You seem to be complaining an awful lot about the Wii, but I'm not seeing how any of this really pertains to the Wii U. Are you trying to imply that third-party games are selling a lot better there than we've been led to believe?
I'm trying to imply that third parties don't put much effort into Wii or Wii U games. It's not that they can't, but they just won't. The WiiU being weaker is not an excuse for less effort. Not every game or third party system focuses on HD graphics that require the PS4's power. What's their excuse?

I also listed Wii/PS3/360 generation games as examples because despite the WiiU already being out and the PS4 and Xbox One coming soon, they're not out yet so that generation is still too young to make final calls. Lack of third party support however is not something that started with the WiiU. It got even worse, yes, but comparing poor to very poor isn't saying much.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote