View Single Post
Old 2012-06-12, 11:24   Link #466
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
For me the true route is Fate. Why ? Because it's the only route who got an epilogue.
That's just a good ending (Nasu stated since HA he wanted to write a Saber Good End) which doesn't exist in the original PC game. It's Realta Nua-only. And RN butchers the story presented in Fate/Zero, so... it's not really fitting to the canon. You're mixing fanmade RN patch with the PC version and RN version. You can't. They are two different products (even presented in two different CMs).

Anyway, Shirou reaches to the same conclusion of HF: the one you love > everyone else. That's how he met Saber again, by chasing after her all the time.

As everyone else said, Fate was the only route lacking an epilogue. HF had one two years later. UBW sorta had one with Archer? Fate didn't. Nasu tacked it after you complete the game because Fate Shirou ditching everything after he wasn't showed so affected by Saber's loss in the route wouldn't have made sense without the answer he discovered in HF eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Uh, he quite clearly gives his answer to Rin "No matter what, wanting to protect others can never be wrong." Then he gets faced with the worst possible end result of the path he will be following, but still maintains his resolve and claims he won't let regret overcome him and make him stray from his path like it did Archer.

I realize you find Kiritsugu's ideal to be abominable, but do you really believe he would be unhappy with how Shirou turned out in UBW (which was all I was even saying in that post you quoted)?

Shirou in the UBW True End says aloud he doesn't have an answer yet. I suggest you to re-read it. Tiger Dojo spells aloud that neither Fate or UBW weren't supposed to be given answers for the life Shirou should lead.

HF does. Last Episode is basically the same answer of HF only applied to a different heroine. Borrowed ideals are nice and all, but between saving strangers forever and chasing after the one I love to see her smile? The later, please. UBW Shirou would have eventually figure out the same if he had to choose between Rin and faceless masses. There weren't situations in UBW where he was truly tested in this way.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote