View Single Post
Old 2012-12-04, 18:48   Link #2284
Sunder the Gold

Even with the reveal that Noumi was affiliated with an organization*, does anyone else feel unsatisfied that absolutely no explanation was given for how Noumi knew Silver Crow's real identity?

Heck, while it's possible Black Vise was lying when he said he didn't know the real identies of the Black Legion, it's also possible that he was telling the truth... And if he didn't know, then it becomes less likely that Noumi was informed by the organization.

It took the Red King at least 200 Burst Points to find Haruyuki, which is apparently an amount that only Level 9 players can afford to part with. She also had to tour all of the high schools in the Suginami area, which she could do only because of her physical age.

Noumi didn't have either advantage, and yet he also knew the real idenities of Black Lotus and Cyan Pile. At which rate, I wouldn't be surprised if he knew about Lime Bell either, despite her having been a Burst Linker for less than a week and having never debuted.

So far, Accel World has been a very well-thought-out and constructed setting, but I'm gunshy because of other shows I've liked which have been rather slap-dash and ridiculous. So, is it possible that there ISN'T a good explanation for how or why Noumi knew about their identities?

* That is, the Acceleration Research Society, which has resources enough to create untraceably-self-destroying brain chips and pay people to perform illegal brain surgery to implant them.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote