View Single Post
Old 2013-02-17, 17:50   Link #54
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
As an anime-only viewer, I have always felt that the relationship between Saki and Satoru was somehow distant. Even when they were having their first adventure together, they didn't really seem "together" to me. At that point, the real potential couple was Saki and Shun, it felt to me. Maybe we are being led in that direction again now? In any case, I haven't missed further development between Saki and Satoru. I never expected it.
Those of us complaining about Saki/Satoru aren't just talking about romantic love but something else. Love comes in many forms.

I never noticed "distance" between Saki & Satoru. They are supposed to be best friends. The only distance that is happening has been pushed on by the anime writers who are cutting scene of them together.

At the very least they share something that no one else does and it's a weakness in the anime that this is not being shown.

Quote:
Mamoru was always portrayed as weak and boring. It was hard to understand Maria choosing to go with him, except from pity. I wonder how things worked out between them.
Weaker perhaps, but boring? And that was weaker in terms of personality (he did have his own strength as we see in the art work he did with the power).

Perhaps Maria wasn't "in love" with Mamoru but I hardly see the reason she left as pity. She obviously loved Mamoru very deeply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Why are powerful characters made dumb and useless in the end.... It's irritating... This always happens in every action anime!!!1
Well for one I don't consider this an action anime, it just happens to have some action scenes.

But the arrogance of the cantus users have been pushed by the series from the beginning.

I am not saying Shisei won't be important in some way but as a character that has only had minimal scenes I can't believe he will save the day. Not to mention having the most powerful cantus user save them again goes against everything Saki is saying about them always being able to rely on their power but realizing they were wrong.