View Single Post
Old 2013-01-06, 20:10   Link #9
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Would people please stop spreading misinformation about PC being too expensive for gaming? For $600 or less I could build a small tower that can play all games at 1080p with medium to high settings and still look way better than any console would. On top of that I could watch movies at 60 FPS, surf the web and connect to a TV or make it my home theater center. As for games goes, with steam and GOG alone I pay way less for games than console games. Sometimes I don't have to pay a penny and I am not talking about piracy.

Console gaming is more expensive by a long shot; there are no options for modding or upgrading components and have less freedoms than PCs do. Also most new games cost 60 dollars each. A PC gamer saves more money than a console gamer and have more powerful hardware at his disposal.

As far as games being harder to run on the PC than in consoles this is also not true. Most games, with a very few exceptions, have an auto-detect function that allows the user to just click and play without a hitch.

I believe Valve is trying disprove the long held beliefs that PC gaming is more expensive and cumbersome. I wish them luck in their endeavor. God knows I hate how console gaming have degenerated the state of the gaming industry both technically and creatively. Except Nintendo of course! Those guys can do no harm in my eyes, they are the most respectable and innovative gaming company in my eyes.