View Single Post
Old 2007-08-28, 08:08   Link #105
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Quote:
Maybe we first get to see how useless he is and how much we hate him then it turns around in some episode or something.
Maybe thats the path the manga will take, he hasn't been seen for a while, so it is a possiblity, however the path the anime is taking maybe different. Considering there are 5 episodes left, I don't think they could do much with him to make him stronger. Unless they leave it for a season two, "loosely" based on the manga.

I don't mind Raki, I think he does have his place, he does humanise elements of the story to help draw people into the world as someone said, but all in all I think he is OK, just his whiny voice gets annoying. He is just a naive, lost little boy, trying to find a foot-hold in a world going to the dogs, and in Clare he see a rock to hold onto. In the end he most likely just wants a place to live in peace with someone he can care for, isn't that what we all really want out of life . I do hope he may be in for some reality checks, questions or decisions in the near future which will force him to face up to 'real life' as it is and may draw out something deeper in his character.