View Single Post
Old 2010-05-22, 04:20   Link #70
Ezilled

As much as I found the fight scenes and the typical gags from the first half were nice and all, the humor from the second half, although the last-will sacrifice was quite funny at some point, was designed to buy some time and killed the serious tone and atmosphere prior to save Kanade from her clones. If those reused parts were omitted, these might have ended with a solid climax or epilogue focusing on Kanade, leaving out its cliffhanger element as well. Additionally, the first scene about one of her clones fighting SSS without reason and especially the last scene about her at critical state, would have greater intense feeling and impact respectively towards me as a viewer. That's my only opinion that I can criticize though, anything else seems just fine.

On the bright side, TK, 5th Dan, Shiina, and especially Yuri had respective, daredevil moments to level-up. What if Yui had wet her pants on this episode? Also, poor Noda, even though he's somehow badass, he's always eliminated immediately without putting him to a good fight, while Naoi seems better as a comic relief than being smart guy. The next episode looks like a low-key, gloomy one as Otonashi has a reflection and recollection from his past that might lead to some clues on the main story.

Last edited by Ezilled; 2010-05-22 at 15:04. Reason: oh grammar.