View Single Post
Old 2007-04-02, 18:34   Link #245
wtflux

were there any other colored illustrations?

there are no vol9 spoilers in this post.

get ready for a whale of a post =/ maybe i shouldn't post this. anyways, it's so big that i decided to split up the parts that were taking up the most space so as not to create an eyesore. heh, i've probably written a lot of things i don't even believe.

"I'm not trying to look down on you right now"

well, your first sentence struck of condescension(the part i quoted in my previous post), when really thinking about things like this is just a way of having fun for me--as contradictory as it may seem, since i'm criticizing his writing. i don't take any offense now, though. anyways...

as a disclaimer, while you're reading this please try to remember that i am judging Haruhi as a series of novels, not as a collection of short stories. if I was judging tanigawa's writing as a collection of short stories, and not from an overall view(although they are written as short stories, since they all clearly connect together this is not inappropriate), things would be very different.

some of your questions can be answered by reading the long post where i posted a spoiler of the last page of vol9.

clarification of plot and the issue i take with tani's writing
Spoiler:

various points on the haruhi plot
Spoiler:

my ideas on plot and why i am disappointed with haruhi's plot dragging out
Spoiler:

that pretty much sums up the reasons for my dissatisfaction, i believe. i hope i'm not repeating myself too much here. don't get me wrong(after all that i hope you dont =p), i don't desire a swift ending to everything because it's dragged on too long. that wouldn't be good. if he were to start a chain of events that ended up ending things, even if it took 2-3 novels, that would be fine. but the long space of nothingness would leave a sour taste in my mouth in terms of plot analysis(although the side/short/character specific stories are nice). the novel name "the shock of suzumiya haruhi" has me hoping.

Last edited by wtflux; 2007-04-02 at 20:11.
wtflux is offline   Reply With Quote